Another month gone, another empties post to make. Part of me is still surprised at the end of the month to see just how much stuff I’ve finished over 30 days. I remember finishing all of them, but there’s just something about seeing all of them together that still astounds me after all this time. Especially when there’s a powder product in there!
Hello and welcome to fall, where it goes from 25 to 10 in the span of a day. I really can’t wait for the last few days of warm weather at the end of the month, but at least no one has to wait for my empties anymore!
Look at me, actually doing this at the beginning of the month! Round of applause for being on time for a change. I managed to finish a lot in July, even if it seemed like I didn’t finish much. I will say, I finished a lot of hair products. A lot of them.
Better late than never, right? I hope so because this is 4 months of empties that I’ve been procrastinating on or just simply did not have time to do. But I’m finally doing it, look at me go! Continue reading “Empties 2017: March-June”
Another month done, a bunch more products finished up!
Welcome to my final empties post of 2016, in 2017. I’m lazy and late, but it’s here, along with a year-end recap. I did some amazing things this year with my collection and used up a ton of old things. And I had some unexpected surprises! Also, apologies for no photo this time, I typed out my list nd then promptly threw them out before I remembered to take a picture. Whoopsies! Continue reading “Empties: October-December 2016 + Year End Review”
You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to be able to go through my empties bag and finally throw stuff out. It’s been pretty full for the past long while, though I will admit a lot of them are little foil samples. Be prepard for the onslaught of samples.
Keep in mind the list may not be in the order that things are presented in the picture. MP is might purchase, WP is would purchase and WNP is would not purchase, for reference.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer(sample): It was nice, a little too sillicony for my tastes and not mattifying enough, though I would need a size that’s more than one use. MP
- Lancer Glowing Skin Perfector(sample): This was nice, but it’s a liquid highlighter.Not my cup of tea. WNP
- Becca Backlight Priming filter and Under Eye Brightening Corrector(sample): They’re both nice, just not for my skin type. WNP
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask(sample) x2: I liked it, but not enough to actually pay money for it. WNP
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: Considering I can’t actually remember it and I’m pretty sure it’s a rather pricey item, I can’t see myself buying the full size. WNP
- Bio Beaute Smoothing and 24h Moisturizing Mask(sample): This was really nice, just a bit too much for my oily skin. WNP
- The Face Shop Blueberry Face Mask: It was alright, but nothing to sneeze at. WNP
- Kocostar Split End Therapy: Literally did nothing to my hair and it was greasy as balls the next day. WNP
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream(sample): A little too moisturizing, story of my life. WNP
- All of these next things were just alright, but I would not purchase any of them:
- Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Gel(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser x2(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Redness Relief Moisturizer(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Daily Defense x2(sample)
- Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture(sample)
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel(sample)
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Oil(sample)
- Lancome Genefique Concentrate(sample)
- Kat Burki Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream(sample)
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer Gel, Cream and Lotion +(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Resist Triple Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion(sample)
- Murad InstaMatte Oil-Control Mask(sample)
- Fresh Peony Spot-Correction Brightening Essence
- Paula’s Choice Resisy Triple Action Dark Spot Eraser 2% BHA Gel(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Toner(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Suncare Extra Care Sunscreen(sample)
- Farmacy Rise N’ Shine Daily Moisture Lock(sample)
- Altchek MD Daily Moisturizer(sample)
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad for Face(sample)
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Origial Formula(sample)
- Paula’s Choise Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum(sample) x2
- Paula’s Choise Resist Daily Pore-refining Treatment 2% BHA(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid(sample)
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel(sample): I actually kind of liked this, enough that I want to get the bogger trial size or full size at some point. I feel like it, along with the other very similar samples, actually did a bit of something. MP
- Clean and Clear Night Relaxing Wipes: I’ve bought these before and realy liked them, but they were a bit dry and tugged at my skin. MP
- I Love… Raspberry and Blackberry Bubble Bath and Shower Creme: Going to fully admit it, I bought this because it smelled like raspberries. It was nice, but terrible as a body wash. WNP
- Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo: I loved this at first, until I realized it made my hair have this really odd feel to my hair oce it dried. WNP
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Night Pads Extreme: I liked them, but as I have mentioned a while ago, they seemed to not really be doig anything anymore and my skin has been better since stopping using them. Not sure if the two are related, but since it wasn’t doing anythig anymore, I won’t spend the money. WNP
- Hard Cansy Fast and Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray: It was nice, but it didn’t last very long and I still really cant tell if setting prays do much for me. WNP
- The Body Shop Seaweed Oil Control Gel Cream: It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally admitted that this is my holy grail morning moisturizer without SPF. It’s hydrating, it’s matte and it doesn’t break me out. I think the reason I stopped using for a long while was because it doesn’t gice me quite enough moisture in the winter, which I will test out in the coming months. WP
- Paula’s Choice Clear Ultra-Light Daily Mattifying Fluid(Deluxe sample): I think this was breaking me out so I thik I finished this up by using it on my body. WNP
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +: Love this to death. WP
- Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water(sample): Love this, have purchased the oily skin version. WP
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum(Deluxe sample): Literally did nothing, but didn’t hurt either. Very overpriced. WNP
- The Face Shop Blanclouding White Moisture Serum(sample?): Didn’t like it for my face, under my eyes it gave me some weird bumps on my cheeks so I used it on my body. WNP
- Sunday Riley Good Genes(deluxe sample): Good lord this stuff smells awful. But my face did feel really smooth and it looked nice. But that smell is something fierce and that price is outrageous. WNP
- Sonia Kashuk Brightenig Powder: This took suck a long time and yet no time at all once I used it to set all over! It works nicely, but not perfectly for me. I thought it would be brightening under the eyes, which was my original intention with it, but it;s just a powder with glitter in it. But you can’t see the glitter on your face unless you’re up super close. That was nice. WNP
- Wet N Wild Coverall Pressed Powder in Fair: Ridiculously powdery but still nice for the price. WNP
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil(deluxe sample): It was nice, but ot worth the hype. WNP
- Skin INC Vitamin A Serum(sample): Such a bitch to get out of the packaging and there’s still stuff in it that I can’t get out! Didn’t notice much of a difference but it had a nice texture. WNP
- Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm(sample): Really nice, just not quite enough for my lips at night. I would seriously consider it, but I don’t even want to know the price for it. MP
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment(sample): Love this like a lot of people though potentially not enough to buy the full size. MP
- Stila Kitten Highlight: Holy shit, I did it! It took a while to finish it off, but it’s gone. It was actually a really nice highlight on my skin, but it came in a limited edition palette. It seems as though you can buy it from Stila in a duo, but no idea if it’s actually the same thing. WP
- Beauty Blender: Love it, though I’m thinking of trying the Real Techiniques dupe. MP
- Stila Kitten: So sad to see this finished, will definitely purchase once I’m out of shimmery eyechadows. WP
- The Face Shop Brow Pencil in Gray Brown: Lovely pencil, I just don’t like the pencil format. WNP
- Urban Decay Perversion: Love this so much! Thrown out because of a stye. WP
- Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara: Love it, can’t always justify the price. Thrown out because of a stye. MP
- Tarte Tarteist Mascara(sample): Love this, will hopefully prucahse in the future. Thrown out because of a stye. WP
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara(sample): Love this as well! Thrown out because of a stye. WP
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 in 910: First time I’ve ever finished a foundation and I’m so proud of myself. I love this to pieces, but I can’t seem to find my shade match. MP
So, 60 products. Granted, at least half of them were samples, but that’s a shit to of samples out of my life. I’m really proud of all of this, especially the foundation and the powders. Can’t wait to have even more next time.
Even better, only 7 out of 60 are things I would actually repurchase which is great! So many less things in my collection and in my potential future collection.
How many empties have you had recently? Let me know in the comments!
So somehow half the year has gone by which means empties time! I’ve wanted to do his for about a month or so since my bag has been overflowing so I’m really happy it’s finally time to go through everything.
Lots of stuff in the same category was used as I’m prepping to move in less than 2 weeks! So I decided to use up as many sample and deluxe sized things so I can get them out of my collection and just not have to move them. And now, I’m getting rid of the trash. Continue reading “Second Quarter Empties: April – June 2016”
I’m always so impressed when I see peoples empties posts and videos. So much stuff, so many products used up! Makes me question what I’m doing wrong, since I barely have any in a three month period. But I have been using up products and actually using things. It just takes a while, or so I tell myself. Onto the empties!
In some vague fashion, here are my thoughts and strong opinions:
- Almay Oil Free Gentle Makeup Remover Towllettes– I really liked these! They were nice, moist and gentle. They removed my makeup as well as any other but I really liked how wet they are, which is a must have for me. I have no repurchased yet, but they are on the pricey side, so probably won’t repurchase unless there’s a crazy sale.
- Sephora Instant Moisturizer(sample)- I liked this but not enough to pay for it.
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intense Hydrating Treatment(sample)- This was okay, I really don’t remember it so it clearly wasn’t life changing. Will not purchase this.
- Stila Stay All Day Precision Glide Bro Pencil in Auburn- I really liked this, though the colour was a tad warm once my hair grew out. I won’t repurchase just because I’ve found something I like just as much for a lot less, but I would consider it again perhaps. Definitely a really god product and takes forever to finish so that’s a plus.
- The Face Shop Herb Day Lip & Eye Makeup Remover Wipes- Really good wipes, very wet but they have a terrible taste. They work really well, but I prefer a big wipe for my whole face rather than something just for my eyes and lips. Won’t purchase, but would not complain to get more of these in the advent calendar again.
- Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel(sample)- I feel like I’m repeating myself, but I liked this. I won’t buy it since I have a bunch of cleansers to go through and like something better, but it works rather well. Doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight and cleansers very nicely.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector- This does mattify but also really feels drying on the skin. Definitely not recommended for the non-oily parts of your face. I won’t repurchase, I prefer the MUFE one, which is similar but less drying.
- The Face Shop Chia Seed Moisturizing Lotion- Technically not finished since I put it into another bottle so I could actually use it, but I have used it on my face and didn’t like it, so I’m using it on my body. Won’t purchase.
- Lancome Bi-Facil(sample)- Cult classic that was just meh for me. It worked, but it felt oily and got in my eyes. Won’t purchase.
- Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder in Bliss- Got this at Winners one day, it was alright. Not the best colour match but not far off and did nothing for my oil. Won’t repurchase.
- ELF Daily Brush Cleaner- Love this stuff to spot clean, I just need to use it more often. It spot cleans my brushes beautifully. Have repurchased and will continue to repurchase.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Remover(sample)- Similar to the Lancome remover, worked well but a little oily for my eyes. Won’t purchase.
- Formula X for Sephora Delete- Love this a lot, especially the packaging, which is similar to the Julep remover. Will repurchase ASAP.
- Essential Elements Body Lotion- This smells so strongly of patchouli that I couldn’t finish it. Very moisturizing and the smell last for a while, but just smells awful. Will never buy.
- L’Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Spray- I think it worked but I never really paid attention. I’m bad at that. There’s still a bit of product left but the spray doesn’t work very well anymore, spraying droplets instead of a nice spray. Might repurchase.
- Avene Cleanance Expert- Really nicely hydrating, slightly helps with my acne, this is my second bottle and have just opened a third. Will repurchase.
- Clinique Moisture Surge- I like this, it moisturizes without asking me oily, I think. I might repurchase when I’ve made it through my stash of moisturizers in about 2 years time.
- Beauty Blender- It was time for it to go, I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase till something stupendously amazing comes along to unseat this from its pedestal. Nothing in my tools collection does what this does and you may need to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
- Hourglass Femme Rouge in Grace(sample)- This is my favourite nude lipstick. The colour is gorgeous and I can’t seem to dupe it in a better formula, though a Rimmel one from their nude line comes close. The formula is a little slippery and settles into fine lines, I can forgive it for the colour. Not a terrible formula by any means, but I really want to find the colour in a longer lasting formula. Will be purchasing ASAP.
- Marc Jacobs Precision Pen Eyeliner in Blacquer(sample)- Really liked this, but I don’t want to know the price. Will not purchase unless every other pen eyeliners decide to discontinue themselves all at once. But still very nice eyeliner.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal(sample)- This is wonderful. Love the Becca Highlighters, Holy Grail for me. The colour not as much, Opal is just a tad dark for me, but absolutely gorgeous during the summer when I’m a bit more tan. Might repurchase, but I prefer other colours in the range.
- Benefit Bronzer in Hoola(sample)- Holy Grail, love this thing. I have another sample of it before I buy it on its own, and I have others bronzers to finish first, but this is s nice on my skin. Will purchase in probably 3 years when my other bronzers are panned.
Magically, that’s it. A whopping 22 things are gone from my collection, which makes me so happy. I pan three different powder products which is a huge thing for me since I’ve never done that before, so pat on the back for me. I just hope I can replicate that in the next three months.